Ms. Nafisa Kattarwala
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Pursuing PhD in Education, Schulich School of Education, Nipissing University, 2014 till date
- Master of Human Resources Development Management, Mumbai University, India, 1999
- MA in English Literature & American Literature, Mumbai University, India, 1991
- BA in English Literature and American Literature, Mumbai University, India, 1989
Honors and Awards
- Received the Ontario Graduate Scholarship & Nipissing University Scholarship for two consecutive years since 2014 to pursue PhD.
- Awarded NUFA Learning opportunity award at the Schulich School of Education, Nipissing University.
- Received the Andrew Towl Scholarship to attend the Global Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning at Harvard Business School, Boston, USA in 2011
- Nominated for the Best paper award by the London School of Economics for the paper titled “Portrayal of Islam in The Indian Mass Media” at its Annual MECCSA 2010 conference
- Best paper Presenter award at Inmantec’s 5th International Conference on “Learning to Manage in a Post WTO Borderless Regime”. The paper was entitled “E-Learning: Reinventing the Learning Paradigm”
- Padmakant Shroff scholarship for holding First position in Master of Human Resources Development Management–Part-Time MBA Class at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), 1999.
- Mumbai University’s Department of English Merit Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies, 1991.
Life Member of Indian Society of Training & Development
Member of ASAC, 2006 Canada
Individual Dynamics & Leadership, Group & Organization Dynamics, Organization Development & Change Management, Human Resources Management, Performance Management, Employee Relations & Labor Laws
Teaching Experience - 26 years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
- Use of short films, use of single case approach to teach an entire course, use of parables & stories, use of cases, use of simulations & business games
Service to the School
- Chairperson Part-Time MBA, SBM NMIMS, 2007- 2013
- Core Consultant & Program In-Charge, Education Management Resource Program, A European Commission-Aga Khan Foundation project at NMIMS, 2000-2003
Impact of Executive Education
Executive education, competency mapping and assessment, training & development, education management, performance management
- Kattarwala, N. H. (2006). Using A Human Capital Management Model To Optimize Resource Efficiency Of Logistics & Supply Chain Management, In Complexity Management In Supply Chains: Concepts, Tools & Methods. Munich: ESV-Erich Schmidt Verlag GmbH.
- Kattarwala, N. H., & Mankad, H. H. (2004). Linkages of Higher Education with Basic Education: An EMRP Experience. In K. H. Chanana (Ed.), Transformative Links Between Higher & Basic Education – MAPPING THE FIELD, New Delhi, SAGE.
- Kattarwala, N. H. (2002). Organizational Behavior. Mumbai: NMIMS Distance Learning Publication.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Kattarwala, N. H., (2005). Case Analysis II, Case Folio, V (1), Hyderabad: ICFAI Press.
- Kattarwala, N. H., (2004). E-Learning: Reinventing the Learning Paradigm, Pranjana, 7 (1), New Delhi: Integrated Academy of Management Technology.
- Kattarwala, N. H., (2003). Where Creativity Dictates Strategy, Case Folio, III (9), Hyderabad, ICFAI Press.
Case Studies Published
- Kattarwala, N. H., Dhar, U., Dhar, S., Jain, S., & Jain, M. (2007). Pristine International, European Case Clearing House (ECCH), UK.
- Kattarwala, N. H., Dhar, U., Dhar, S., Jain, S., & Jain, M. (2007). Gagan International Limited, European Case Clearing House (ECCH), UK.
- Kattarwala, N. H., Dhar, U., Dhar, S., Jain, S., & Jain, M. (2007). Lotus International Limited, European Case Clearing House (ECCH), UK.
- Kattarwala, N. H., Case Analysis I, Vikalpa, 31 (2), Ahmedabad: IIM Publications.
Case Studies Published
- Kattarwala, N. H. (n.d.). (2007) A Gandhian Perspective on Leadership and Entrepreneurship: The Social Responsibility Paradigm. In NMIMS Monograph Discussion Series. Mumbai: NMIMS.